Volunteer at the tailor’s workshop
Unfortunately, this position has been filled and we are no longer considering applications.
Are you an experienced seamster and would you like to make clothes using historical handcrafting techniques? At the tailor’s workshop of the preHistorisch Dorp, we now have an opening for a volunteer who would like to work on the clothes of our historical inhabitants for a couple of hours per week. You would be making and repairing our inhabitants’ clothes, so it’s important that you have some experience: you need to be able to sew by hand and using a sewing machine, and preferably you know how to use sewing patterns. It would be great if you like to learn new things!
The tailor’s workshop is responsible for our group supervisors’, time guides’, and volunteers’ historical clothing. Together, we work behind the scenes to make sure everyone looks great, befitting the period they represent. You will work in a team of passionate volunteers maintaining the historical clothes, shoes, and accessories in our open-air museum all year round. This way, you will contribute to the authentic appearance of the preHistorisch Dorp’s inhabitants.
Will you join the tailor’s workshop
This describes you to a tee:
- You like working with your hands
- You are good at the care and maintenance of textiles
- You work well with others
- You are precise and neat
You will get:
- A fun volunteer job with enthusiastic colleagues
- A workplace in a historical building (on the upper floor of the 16th century inn at our market square) in a unique setting, in the beautiful surroundings of the Genneper parken
- Free entrance to the museum for you, your partner, and your children
- Two volunteer parties each year
How to apply
Working hours are on Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. If you’re interested in this volunteer position, please send a short cover letter and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn. Iemkje Heier. We would love to hear from you!