Renting clothes from the preHistorisch Dorp
Would you like to go hunting in an iron-age costume, strut around like a maiden from the middle-ages or save a damsel in distress as a knight? At the preHistorisch Dorp you can purchase or rent authentic historical clothing.
In our own workshop we replicate historic garments exactly as they would have been in the past, using the same materials and techniques. You can choose from clothing or accessories from the bronze-age until the 16th century and drape yourself in history.
Examples of historical clothing and accessories in our assortment:
• Prehistoric robe
• Medieval cotte
• Brooch or hairnet
• Shoes and hats
Historical clothing for special occasions
In our workshop we are continuously band weaving, sewing, needle binding, embroidering, and knitting our historical clothing precisely according to the fashion rules of the period. This will make you feel extra special. For which occasion would you like to jump back in time?
At the preHistorisch Dorp you can rent a historic costume for:
• A fashion show
• A historic event
• Play or recital
• A parade
• A movie
To protect our clothing from wear and tear, we do not rent out for events where there’s a big chance of them being damaged.
A historic costume from the earliest of ages
Travel far back in time with us in a unique historic costume. Pretend to be a hunter or gatherer from the stone-age, bronze-age, or iron-age in clothing made from animal hides, plant-based materials, wool, and linen.
Historical clothing from the bronze-age (until 800 before Christ)
With our clothing from the bronze-age you will dress yourself in simple pieces made from wool, linen, and leather.
• Wrapped skirt
• Sprang hairnet
• Woolen sweater
Historical clothing from the iron-age (800 before Christ until 0)
Well dressed in the iron-age? With headgear made of wool or leather, and a warm cloak with shirt and trousers from us, you’ll be all set.
• Shoes from cowhide
• Pleated skirt
• Thorsbjerg trousers
Historical clothing from the indigenous-Roman era (0 until 300 after Christ)
When the Romans came to our lands, our clothing changed as well. Finer fabrics and more flowing robes were worn.
• Indigenous-Roman tunic
• Leather belt
An historic costume from a later era
For the eras beyond antiquity, you will find various outfits for children, ladies, and gentlemen in our workshop.
Historical clothing from the middle ages (500 - 1500 after Christ)
Will you play a poor farmer or someone of nobility? Let people see how underprivileged or mighty you are in the middle ages’ clothing from the preHistorisch Dorp.
• Medieval cotte
• Nobel costume
• Monk’s habit
Historical clothing from the renaissance (1500 - 1600)
Feel wealthy in the colorful costumes from the renaissance and Eighty Years’ War and imagine yourself being far back in time.
• Musketeer’s uniform
• Renaissance dress
• Paltsrok of doublet
Prices clothing rental
A historic costume is rented for a minimum of one day. unless otherwise agreed upon between us.
The price for clothing rental includes:
• Advice from our tailors
• Viewing in our workshop
• Washing and/or dry cleaning
Indications rental prices
• Luxurious costume: € 50, - per day
• Simple costume: € 40, - per day
• Children’s costume: € 20, - per day
• Shoes: € 10, - per day
Security Deposit (once per costume)
For the luxurious costumes we require a security deposit of € 100, -, and for all other clothing and shoes a security deposit of € 50, -. The deposit will be refunded when the clothing has been returned in good order.
Historical clothing sales
Do you regularly need historical clothing, or do you wish to have a costume custom made just for you? Then order a costume from our workshop, completely according to your wishes. The price will depend on the order.
Request your historical clothing using this form.
Would you like to visit our workshop? Please email us for an appointment.
More information or a fitting?
Would you like more information regarding our historical clothing, advice about which clothing best fits a certain era, or would you like to pick out and fit your costume?
Then please make an appointment with our workshop at the preHistorisch Dorp in Eindhoven.
Terms and conditions clothing rental
- You’ll be able to choose from our extensive rental collection. We rent a wide variety of clothing but no weapons such as daggers and swords.
- We don’t rent for occasions where there’s a high risk of damage occurring such as carnaval or a battle. When in doubt, please feel free to discuss it with us.
- You’ll receive the clothing in good condition, please return them that way.
- The rental price and security deposit can be paid using cash or pin when you collect the clothing. Please make sure you have a valid ID with you as well.
- The security deposit will be returned in cash or via bank transfer when you return the clothing. Unless of course if the clothing is not returned in good condition.
- Should something get damaged or lost? We will not put you in the stocks, but you will be expected to pay for the repairs or a replacement.
- Washing and/or dry cleaning will be done by the preHistorisch Dorp unless the clothing is extremely dirty.
- Decide to stay in your jeans? Cancellation of your clothing rental is free when done 5 workdays beforehand. Canceling later? Then you must pay 25% of the total rental sum up to a maximum of € 250, -