Volunteer handyman or handywoman
Are you very good with your hands, would you like to make a valuable contribution to the preHistorisch Dorp and are you available at least one morning and/or afternoon every week? The preHistorisch Dorp has special vacancies for volunteers who would like to work outside together with other people.
The preHistorisch Dorp is the most child-friendly museum in the Dutch province of North Brabant. An open-air museum where all visitors, young and old, are actively discovering what everyday life used to be like in the past. We keep our historical buildings and activities in tiptop shape and safe for visitors throughout the season. A large part of this work is performed by a regular group of volunteers.
As a volunteer with our technical service, you will work together with other passionate volunteers who maintain our open-air museum indoors and outdoors. You will take on a variety of tasks, from small repair work up to the development of new materials, to contribute to the preHistorisch Dorp’s ambience. You confer with the team leader of the technical service to determine your activities.
Will you join our technical team?
This sounds like you:
- You have are tech-savvy or are willing to learn more about technology
- You are collegial and a real team player
- You strive for high quality and safety
- You have good communication skills
- You are able to work by yourself
- You are willing to take courses to be able to work with machines safely
You will get:
- A varied job working with a group of tech-savvy go-getters
- Nice physical activities in the outdoors
- A unique workplace in a historical setting, beautifully located in the Genneper Parken
- Two annual volunteer parties
- Materials, clothes, protective gloves and tools
- Free entrance to the museum for you, your partner, and your children
Working hours are from Monday through Friday from 9:00 till 17:00 hours. Working half days is possible by mutual agreement.
If you are more of a gardener, please check out our volunteer position for a gardener.
Send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention of Marc Schumacher.
Unfortunately, the preHistorisch Dorp cannot provide supervision for people with a health indicator, such as autism. We will only come to agreements with a referring authority for the supervision of a volunteer in exceptional circumstances and only after consultation. In such cases, the supervision will be arranged by the referring authority.